Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
Development and deployment for distributed systems, optimized for IBM runtimes
IBM® Rational® Application Developer for WebSphere® Software accelerates the development and deployment of Java, Java EE, Web 2.0, mobile, OSGi, portal and service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications. Both expert and novice developers can increase productivity and efficiency by using its many integrated capabilities for easier development, testing, analysis and delivery of applications.
Rational Application Developer for WebSphere:
- Accelerates development and maintenance of web and mobile applications with tools for established, as well as new and emerging programming models and technologies.
- Speeds the development of services and Java applications with productivity tools supporting the latest Java EE and SOA programming models.
- Is optimized for IBM middleware. including the new, lightweight Liberty Profile, the full WebSphere Application Server profile, the IBM WebSphere Portal Server and IBM Workload Deployer.
- Includes advanced test and analysis tools to help you achieve higher initial code quality while accelerating application development, deployment and management.
- Provides flexible deployment options and rich integrations with Rational Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management solution to help raise productivity and improve quality outcomes at both team and individual practitioner levels.
Accelerates development and maintenance of web and mobile applications
- Enables rapid multiplatform application development for mobile web, hybrid mobile and native mobile code.
- Includes the IBM Worklight™ Studio and features productivity tools, including Rich Page Editor and integrated browser-based mobile device simulator.
Speeds the development of services and Java applications
- Develop, test and deploy Web Services, REST, and other types of services with J2EE, Java EE, EJB, Java Persistence API, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JMS, EJB Query Language, modern Java Batch (Compute Grid) and CDI.
- Assemble and connect reusable service components with Open SCA architecture.
- Build a modular architecture for a dynamic bundle-based system using OSGi framework.
Optimized for IBM middleware
- Optimize deployment using a simplified ultra-lightweight runtime server for web, OSGI and mobile applications (included on WebSphere Application Server).
- Consolidate applications and content complete with search, personalization and security capabilities using WebSphere Portal Server. Includes updated server and profiling tools for Java 7 and for multiple versions of WebSphere Application Server.
- Choose from multiple, complete versions of WebSphere Application Server for your local testing use.
- Use provided wizards for identifying and migrating projects created in earlier releases.
- Manage middleware on virtual servers in IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise, IBM PureApplication™ systems, or your own private cloud environment using IBM Workload Deployer.
Advanced test and analysis tools
- Dynamic analysis: provides both sampling-based and trace-based profiling capabilities to identify performance trouble spots and then analyze them in detail to identify corrective actions.
- Code coverage analysis: provides detailed information about program execution paths and coverage metrics, to help ensure desired levels of test coverage.
- Static analysis: includes 200 predefined rules for coding guidelines and best practices, as well as quick-fix suggestions and an extensibility interface for customizing or creating your own rules.
Flexible deployment options and rich integrations with Rational Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management solution
- Install only the features you need using fine-grained installation controls for creating a smaller, more responsive IDE tailored to your needs.
- Develop and test in a virtualized environment with IBM SmartCloud Enterprise.
- Improve planning, collaboration, change management and more by integrating with IBM Rational Team Concert™ and IBM Rational ClearCase®.
- Analyze and collaborate during debug sessions with Rational Team Concert integration (“park” the full state of a debug session and pass the session to a colleague for further analysis).